The Ministry Coordinator facilitates the ministries for the parish. In this capacity the Ministry Coordinator is responsible for helping guide individuals to determine if they are to serve in ministry, maintaining communications with those already serving, and coordinating activities with Ministry Leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Diocese of Orlando four core values lay the foundation for the work performed by its employees.
- Authenticity: Conviction that God has called us to reflect exteriorly our inner life of faith in our daily living.
- Respect: Affirming each person’s God-given dignity and uniqueness.
- Courage: Inspired by this gift of the Holy Spirit, we proclaim and live the Word of God fearlessly and devotedly.
- Commitment: Individually and collectively, we are steadfast to the team and its purpose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
Establish and maintain good working relationships and effective communications with all those discerning to serve in ministry, those currently serving in ministry and the Ministry Leaders.
- Recruit new individuals to serve in ministry on a continuing basis through media communication.
- Coordinate the fingerprinting & SET of all staff, clergy and those serving in ministry. Assist as needed with the process.
- Communicate with the ministry leader the status of clearance and facilitate name badges.
- Enter the clearance information and other necessary information in Parish Data Systems and maintain the physical clearance/SET copies in binders. Verify the accuracy of data in the system.
- Update the Excel spreadsheet ministry rosters including compliance status and distribute to the ministry leaders.
- Communicate with ministries and develop, update and post the necessary schedules and calendars to support Masses, special events, and other activities.
- Assist with the tamper evident money bag log, the money bags, and track compliance with the Diocesan protocol. Verify and log weekly that all bags are accounted for.
- Coordinate with staff members the tasks outstanding for the set up for Masses for the weekend.
- Organize events, training, and other meetings with/for ministries as required.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years office experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Parish Data Systems is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and possess a heightened sense of confidentiality and a strong sense of respect for the Roman Catholic Church. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the policies of the diocese.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills characterized by an ability to effectively interact with the lay staff, and the general public in a highly dynamic environment.
Excellent oral/written communication skills with an ability to read and analyze routine correspondence and compose appropriate responses. (Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, a plus).
Excellent analytical skills with an ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Must be willing to work in conditions of stress and function well under pressure.
The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to reach, grasp, feel, and see up close and from afar. Must be able to use basic office computer hardware and peripherals, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to communicate verbally and in written form.