St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church is actively seeking a part time Gift Shop Coordinator to plan, supervise, monitor and evaluate the daily operations of the parish gift shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the opening of the gift shop.
- Welcomes and attends to customers and volunteers.
- Oversees and manages all store operations.
- Oversees, coordinates and performs computerized cash register sales transaction and cash management.
- Creates weekly and monthly sales report, bulletin article, and other advertising material.
- Responsible for handling all special orders for individual customers, church, and ministry.
- Analyzes and measures business trends; develops and implements plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Conducts inventory weekly and completes purchase requests/orders as necessary.
- Creates and implements a marketing/promotion strategy for the store, including sales and events.
- Ensures store is well stocked while maintaining a clean, attractive, and safe environment.
- Trains volunteers in cashiering, inventory, and customer service skills.
- Ensures the drawer is balanced at beginning and end of day.
- Ensures the tamper evident bag is used for the deposits. Maintains log of bags.
- Meets periodically with other sales rep and attends trade shows.
- Verifies invoices for submission to the bookkeeper.
- Oversees shop including weekends.
- Maintains inventory system for sales floor.
- Supervises volunteers of the shop.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in business management or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in retail sales and two years management experience.
- Basic mathematical abilities, including the ability to add, subtract, divide, multiply, and tabulate figures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of retail stock management and control principles and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to summarize and reconcile retail sales and operating statistics, and to prepare routine statistical reports.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of retail floor sales techniques.
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of retail advertising, sales promotion and/or visual merchandising techniques.
- Knowledge of on-line retail.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of basic fiscal and personnel management principles.
Organizational Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills are required. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong teamwork skills required. Excellent time management skills required.
- The ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing and maps.
- Good verbal communication skills and excellent active listening skills.
- Strong English language skills in both spoken and written word.
- Physical Requirements:
This position frequently requires moving stock, stocking shelves, and keeping the store in customer-ready condition.
This position also requires the ability to:
- Process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Climb ladders.
- Move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
- Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the church.
- Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the polices of the Diocese.