Come join our team!
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church is actively seeking a 25-29 hours a week Maintenance Worker who provides services for the maintenance and security of the parish grounds, Church, Chapel, Rectory, office and other parish buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in maintaining the security of buildings and equipment.
- Performs required preventative maintenance actions such as cleaning, bulb and filter changes and maintains the baptismal font.
- Grounds work may include tree trimming, hedging, and weed eating.
- Cleans exterior entrances to the church and assists in grounds work.
- Operates the audio/visual system.
- Maintains and updates the inventory tracking system.
- Assists in maintaining all parish buildings so that they are clean and ready for parish activities.
- Sets up rooms for special activities, religious education classes, and other parish functions.
- Makes minor plumbing, electrical, and air conditioning repairs.
- Availability to work nights or weekends as may be required by the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff members, parishioners, service companies, public companies (Police Fire, EMS) and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in building and grounds maintenance work.
- Knowledge of and skill in using Industrial tools and equipment; and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Requires up to one year working in a similar situation.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida drivers’ license.
- Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church.
- Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the policies of the diocese.