The Facilities Maintenance Tech provides services for the security, set up and maintenance of the parish property, Church, Family Life Center, Rectory, and other parish buildings.
The Diocese of Orlando four core values lay the foundation for the work performed by its employees.
Authenticity: Conviction that God has called us to reflect exteriorly our inner life of faith in our daily living.
Respect: Affirming each person’s God-given dignity and uniqueness.
Courage: Inspired by this gift of the Holy Spirit, we proclaim and live the Word of God fearlessly and devotedly.
Commitment: Individually and collectively, we are steadfast to the team and its purpose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with staff members, parishioners, service companies, public companies (Police Fire, EMS) and the general public.
- Observes visitors and contractors to ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Sets up rooms for special activities, religious education classes and other parish functions.
- Operates the Audio/Visual systems for Masses and parish activities.
- Supports the offsite Outreach efforts – Food Pantry, Outreach and Resale Shop.
- Performs required preventative maintenance actions such as, bulb and filter changes. Maintains the baptismal font and holy water fonts.
- Cares for the entrances to the church and Family Life Center and assists in ensuring areas are ready for parish activities.
- Makes minor plumbing, electrical, and air conditioning repairs, and observes approved contractors while onsite.
- Ensures the grounds are maintained by spraying of weed killer and insecticides.
- Opens and closes on-site buildings. Secures buildings accordingly.
- Ability to work consistently one to two evening per week until 8:30 pm and one to two weekend days as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions.
- Able to keep written records of work performed, supplies, equipment, and purchases.
- Able to speak and write in English with co-workers, supervisors, and service providers.
- Work alone and in a team environment.
- Work extra hours and be on call for holidays and emergencies as needed.
Individual must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Individual must be experienced in building maintenance; have knowledge of and skill in using tools and equipment; and maintain confidentiality in all matters. One year working in a similar situation preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida drivers’ license. Ability to use a computer. No audio/Visual experience necessary.
LANGUAGE & COMMUNICATION
Ability to read and interpret basic correspondence. Excellent interpersonal and organizations skills. Must have a pleasant telephone manner and good communication skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The performance of these essential functions must be without a physical accommodation of any sort.
- Balancing, carrying, climbing, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, walking and talking. The employee is required to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders. Work inside and outside of buildings. Work in well lighted and ventilated areas, hot and cold temperatures, and dark and tight quarters. Ability to perform the physical labor, as necessary.