We continue to move forward and are excited to announce the early stages of reopening our church. Our parish is following the guidance of the Diocese of Orlando and the CDC. We ask for your patience during this process. As we have seen, circumstances are changing almost daily. We rely on our parish family to work together in the best interest of safety of others and for their beloved parish.
The following changes are based upon the updated protocols recently provided by the Diocese of Orlando:
- Mass tickets will no longer be required effective Saturday, May 8
- Cloth masks are still mandatory. Masks must be covering your nose and mouth when entering the church and throughout the entirety of Mass.
- Dispensation is still in place. Keep in mind, with this change attendance will increase. If you are not yet comfortable attending Mass, you may still watch Mass online.
- Ropes will be taken down and parishioners may seat themselves. You may access the center aisle. Please social distance accordingly as best as possible.
- You may enter any of the church doors prior to the start of Mass. For general security reasons, the Diocese has mandated that church doors be locked once Mass begins. You will be allowed entry at the front main doors only after Mass has started.
- Do not attend Mass if you not feeling well. Please quarantine and get tested if you have recently been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Offertory Collection will occur before Mass. Baskets will be in five locations – 3 in the Narthex, and 2 in the Main body of the church by the angled pews. This is a permanent change.
- Church will be available after Daily Mass until 9 am for private prayer and devotions. It will then be secured for cleaning.
- Collection for food pantry will remain Tuesday – Thursday from 9 am to 12 pm under the portico.
- After successfully reopening the church we will address opening the Family Life Center and Adoration Chapel at a later date. Please note, installations are still ongoing.
This will be a learning process for all of us. If you have not already signed up with Evangelus, we encourage you to do so. We also make updates on our website and Facebook page. We thank you for your continued patience and support.