The Facilities Maintenance Tech provides services for the security, set up and maintenance of the parish property, Church, Family Life Center, Rectory, and other parish buildings.
The Diocese of Orlando four core values lay the foundation for the work performed by its employees.
- Authenticity: Conviction that God has called us to reflect exteriorly our inner life of faith in our daily living.
- Respect: Affirming each person’s God-given dignity and uniqueness.
- Courage: Inspired by this gift of the Holy Spirit, we proclaim and live the Word of God fearlessly and devotedly.
- Commitment: Individually and collectively, we are steadfast to the team and its purpose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions.
- Able to keep written records of work performed, supplies, equipment, and purchases.
- Able to speak and write in English with co-workers, supervisors, and service providers.
- Work alone and in a team environment.
- Work extra hours and be on call for holidays and emergencies as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Individual must be experienced in building maintenance; have knowledge of and skill in using tools and equipment; and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- One year working in a similar situation preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida drivers’ license.
- Ability to use a computer.
- No audio/Visual experience necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret basic correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizations skills.
- Must have a pleasant telephone manner and good communication skills.
Individual must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The performance of these essential functions must be without a physical accommodation of any sort.
- Balancing, carrying, climbing, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, walking and talking.
- The employee is required to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders.
- Work inside and outside of buildings.
- Work in well lighted and ventilated areas, hot and cold temperatures, and dark and tight quarters.
- Ability to perform the physical labor, as necessary.