The Outreach Receptionist serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them; notifies company personnel of visitors’ arrival; maintains security and telephone system; performs routine administrative and office support services and basic accounts and recordkeeping duties on a part time basis. Proficient with computer skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs clerical duties.
- Assists with program coordination, including telephone and personal contact with the community.
- Performs data entry tasks, billing and generates monthly reports.
- Provides welcoming atmosphere for clients, visitors and volunteers and maintains an orderly waiting area.
- Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the policies of the diocese.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent with proficiency in computer skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an office setting with emphasis on receptionist/secretarial work.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written.
- Demonstrate experience with Microsoft Office Professional including Word and Excel.
- Operate standard office equipment including a multiple line telephone system, copy machine fax and scanner.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to read and interpret basic correspondence. Excellent interpersonal and organizations skills. Must have a pleasant telephone manner and good communication skills.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to reach, grasp, feel, and see up close and from afar. Must be able to use basic office computer hardware and peripherals, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to communicate verbally and in written form.