The Gift Shop Assistant is responsible for supporting with the procedures on a part-time basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Opens the Gift Shop.
- Welcomes customers and volunteers.
- Cleans and organizes shelves.
- Removes trash by emptying trash containers.
- Maintains a clean floor.
- Logs into the system and completes the register total form with a volunteer/employee present.
- Runs the cash register (as needed).
- Completes the register total form confirming the cash in the register.
- Prints the day end report, counts cash, reconciles the day’s sales using the register total form.
- Uses the tamper evident cash bag to deposit the sales proceeds (cash/check/credit card) and the register total form.
- Follow the closing procedures.
- Assists with the inventory system to include ordering, merchandising, receiving, pricing and storage.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree required in business management or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in retail sales.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction.
- Basic mathematical abilities, including the ability to add, subtract, divide, multiply, and tabulate figures.
Organizational Interpersonal Skills:
Excellent organizational skills are required. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Strong teamwork skills required. Excellent time management skills required.
The ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing and maps. Good verbal communication skills and excellent active listening skills. Strong English language skills in both spoken and written word.
- This position frequently requires moving stock, stocking shelves, and keeping the store in customer-ready condition.
This position also requires the ability to:
- Process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Climb ladders.
- Move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
- Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the church.
- Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the polices of the Diocese.