St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church is actively seeking a part time Food Pantry Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for the coordination of volunteers for the Food Pantry Ministry . In this capacity, the position is responsible for coordinating new volunteers, maintaining communications with existing volunteers, and coordinating activities and scheduling volunteers for all Pantry Coordination Teams. This person will also be responsible for administrative activities related to the success of the Food Pantry operations for 20-24 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and effective communications with all existing volunteers.
- Schedules volunteers and teams.
- Processes and trains new volunteers.
- Orders food for distribution and provides set-up information for distribution.
- Creates and maintains pantry calendar.
- Coordinates with volunteers to organize and develop schedules for the Food Pantry.
- Sets up workstations for each Open Pantry day.
- Closes work stations and collects paperwork after each Open Pantry day.
- Maintains client records.
- Maintains a filing system for pantry records.
- Processes donations of food, cash, and other items.
- Receives telephone calls and answers inquiries in a prompt manner.
- Compiles food pantry statistics and prepares reports.
- Works with and oversees the work of Pantry teams, monitoring team compliance with Pantry Standard Operating Procedures and retrains volunteers, as necessary.
- Knowledgeable of all organizational structures, policies, procedures, and forms that allow the Pantry teams, leaders, and volunteers to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Knowledgeable regarding Food Pantry operations and would be able to step in and perform any Food Pantry duty; would be able to substitute for the Leader of any Pantry Team.
- Ensures all Diocesan, Parish, USDA, and other regulations are followed.
- Performs other duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and possess a heighted sense of confidentiality and a strong sense of respect for the Roman Catholic Church. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings. Employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the polices of the Diocese.
Education and Experience
· Associates degree preferred, proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Basic mathematical abilities, including the ability to add, subtract, divide, multiply and tabulate.
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills characterized by an ability to effectively interact with the general public in a highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills with an ability to read and analyze routine correspondence and compose appropriate responses.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent organization skills and time management skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Meticulous, showing extreme care with minute details.
- Extremely positive, joyful, friendly and loving personality.
- Computer skills including use of spreadsheets and email applications.
Must be able to work flexible hours to complete various tasks when required. Must be willing to work in conditions of repeated stress and function well under pressure.
The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to reach, grasp, feel, and see up close and from afar. Must be able to use basic office computer hardware and peripherals, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to communicate verbally and in written form. Must be able to climb a ladder and lift up to 40 pounds.